Brownie Biscotti Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture just until combined (dough will be crumbly).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead in almonds and chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. log, leaving 3 in. between the logs.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and dry. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For drizzle, in a microwave, melt vanilla chips and shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Brownie Biscotti(11)
Sort By :
Great taste - however very difficult to cut.
Next time I make this I am adding more moisture. Way too crumbly when cutting. I like things to look very presentable. Some of them were. Most were not. Excelltent flavor though!
These are wonderful. They are on my annual Christmas cookie list to make
Yummy...will be added to my biscotti recipe list!
I made this biscotti for a cookie exchange and it was a huge hit! Will definitely add this to my "favourites"!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >