Brownie Biscotti Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture just until combined (dough will be crumbly).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead in almonds and chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. log, leaving 3 in. between the logs.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and dry. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For drizzle, in a microwave, melt vanilla chips and shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Brownie Biscotti
Sort By :
"Far too crumbly. I couldn't get the dough to come together with kneading. Added a little water which helped but the texture still was not right. Once it was time to cut it, it continued to crumble. Just didn't work out for me."
"Great biscotti recipe - definitely have a brownie taste too :) I've made a lot of biscotti and have noticed that if you allow it to cool a good bit before slicing it, it usually holds together fairly well (and a sharp knife is a definite must). It made about 25, nice-size pieces. Will definitely be making this recipe again!"
"Great taste - however very difficult to cut."
"Next time I make this I am adding more moisture. Way too crumbly when cutting. I like things to look very presentable. Some of them were. Most were not. Excelltent flavor though!"
"These are wonderful. They are on my annual Christmas cookie list to make"