Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil. Divide dough in half. On the foil, form each portion into an 11x3-in. rectangle.
- Bake at 300° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Increase heat to 325°.
- Transfer rectangles to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn and bake 10 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 317 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 6, 2019
Delicious and relatively easy to make. The anise extract makes it!
Jan 28, 2019
It was my first try at biscotti. I didn't have anise extract on hand so I substituted with almond extract. they turned out very tasty.
May 18, 2018
These cookies are truly memorable in taste! My problem was with them breaking . Can anyone help with this?
Feb 3, 2015
It is my husbands favorite....and he can't get enough!
Dec 26, 2011
This recipe was sooooo good even my picky husband loved them and asked me to make them again. A real keeper
Dec 12, 2011
Mmmm! MMMmm! Turned out so good. Dangerously good my mom said :)
Oct 19, 2011
Great Biscotti... I added a Tbs. of Aniseed and toasted the almonds.This is so good with coffee.
Aug 16, 2011
Love this recipe!!!!
Mar 18, 2011
This Biscotti is really good & easy to make. I always thought it was a huge process to make Biscotti but decided to give it a try when I was in Anchorage at my Sister's house. I have now made it three times & it gets easier each time. Even the four year old loves it. He calles it 'crunchy bars'.
Jan 14, 2011
I have received so many compliments on these biscotti when I have brought them to functions