Broiled Pizza Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 10 slices process cheese (Velveeta), divided
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with cornstarch; stir until blended. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt and onion salt. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add six cheese slices; cook and stir until cheese is melted and blended.
- Place hamburger buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each bun half. Cut remaining cheese slices in half diagonally; place over meat mixture. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broiled Pizza Burgers(11)
Sort By :
Great receipe for a quick meal. No soggy bottoms and has a good flavor. I doubled the meat mixture and made the burgers up as I needed them.........even taste better the next day after all the flavors blended. Will play around with ingredients the next time I make them.
I made these and none of my family liked them.
This is the BEST pizza burger recipe EVER!!! I used pizza seasoning instead of oregano and petite diced tomatoes. I added shredded cheddar cheese to the meat mixture and put shredded mozzarella cheese on top. I also toasted the buns so they aren't so soggy. My husband told me to throw away my other pizza burger recipes!!!
This is definitely a favorite recipe in our house! I like to toast the buns a little in the oven before I put on the toppings. That way they don't get as soggy.
Reminds me of a dear old friend who was the head cook at the high school... This recipe will hit all the bells and whistles!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheeseburgers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >