Broccoli Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir the broccoli, shrimp, salt and pepper into cheese sauce; heat through. Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Shrimp Alfredo
Sort By :
"This was too creamy for me. I would love some recommendations about how to thin the sauce out. Other than that, this was pretty good."
"I have made this recipe twice now. Both times, I substituted fresh broccoli for the frozen stuff and just put it on to steam while preparing the rest of the dish. Last night, there was a sale on shrimp so I used two pounds instead of one. I tend to go with more garlic as well. Also last night, I decided I'll use twice the grated parmesan cheese next time too. All in all...this is a great dish and will be a frequent fare for my table."
"I halved this recipe. It was perfect for us.I used broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mixture"
"I've made this recipe several times now and absolutely love it. I to had this at a restaurant and would go there just for this dish. then the restaurant changed there menu and stopped offering it, hence my determination to make it myself. I made no changes to this recipe, it is perfect as it is. will be making this recipe for many years to come. ENJOY ALL."
"My family devoured this dish.., they begged for 2nds but its serves 4 only... so looking forward to the next time... its a 10 on my scale..."