For a simple but sensational side dish, I throw together this refreshing salad. I adjusted a friend's recipe to cut a few calories. The raisins add sweetness, and the bacon gives it a nice crunch.—Angela Oelschlaeger, Tonganoxie, Kansas
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (1 medium bunch)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, raisins and onion. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, vinegar and sugar. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Raisin Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p7
Reviews for Broccoli Raisin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review