For many years, I’ve made these cheesy broccoli squares for tailgate parties, book club and other events. They’re excellent served warm or hot, but we enjoy them cold, too. —Veronica Downen, Crystal Beach, Florida
Recommended: 30 Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli (about 11 cups), thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir until moistened. Fold in cheese and broccoli.
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish; place dish in oven 3-5 minutes or until butter is melted. Carefully tilt baking dish to coat bottom and sides with butter. Add broccoli mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheddar Squares in Taste of Home April/May 2015
Reviews for Broccoli Cheddar Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review