I obtained this recipe at a local home and garden show a few years ago. The rich, comforting soup is sure to please on chilly days.
- 2 cups cream sherry
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as shiitake, cremini and oyster)
- 8 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place sherry in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add mushrooms and shallots; saute until tender. Add parsley and lemon juice. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and reduced sherry.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Brie and Wild Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p36
Reviews for Brie and Wild Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review