Breaded Fish Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 halibut or cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated onion, optional
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lettuce, carrots and onion if desired; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; spread over bun bottoms. Top with halibut and vegetable mixture; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breaded Fish Sandwiches(6)
Sort By :
If you are having trouble getting your breading to stick to the fish; place it in the freezer for 20 min and then right to the grill. It works just the same for fried fish or fried chicken. As others suggested, it needs salt and the seasoned bread crumbs should do the trick.
Loved it!!! Added less lemon juice and no lemon peel. My boyfriend is in love with this dish and can't believe it's healthy
I used seasoned bread crumbs and it turned out great.
This sounds an awful lot like the Rachel Ray recipe that I use alot...which is good
The breading on these sandwiches really needs salt. Otherwise it is quite bland. I also couldn't get the breading to stick without dipping the fish in beaten egg first. I'd try them again, but with salt.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Cod >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Halibut >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >