- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 halibut or cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated onion, optional
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lettuce, carrots and onion if desired; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; spread over bun bottoms. Top with halibut and vegetable mixture; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Fish Sandwiches
"Loved it!!! Added less lemon juice and no lemon peel. My boyfriend is in love with this dish and can't believe it's healthy"
"I used seasoned bread crumbs and it turned out great."
"This sounds an awful lot like the Rachel Ray recipe that I use alot...which is good"
"The breading on these sandwiches really needs salt. Otherwise it is quite bland. I also couldn't get the breading to stick without dipping the fish in beaten egg first. I'd try them again, but with salt."
"This was very tasty, but needs salt.. It stayed together on the grill as well, which was a concern of mine w/grilling fish."