- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brazil Nut Cookies
Sort By :
"I tried these the other day. what a hit. everyone loved them. In my oven, I only needed 8 minutes and the bottoms were lightly browned.Yum"
"The Brazil nuts are a nice touch, but I'd add some flavor. Also I am wondering what kind of oven you're using. After trial and error I found that at 350 degrees F the cookies needed at least 22 minutes in the oven to come out crunchy."
"Unusual and delicious. I made a variety of cookies, and of the lot these were the first gone."