- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 brat or hot dog buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1-3/4 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add bratwurst. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Add onion to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around onion mixture and seal tightly. Drain and discard marinade from bratwurst.
- Grill bratwurst and onion, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender, turning frequently. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve brats in buns with onion mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Brats in Beer
Sort By :
"Wonderful marinade. Brats and onions were great! Will make again soon."
"This is an awesome marinate for the bratwursts :P"
"This is an awesome marinate for the bratwurst :P"
"So delicious! I have been making these for years and they are a hit with everyone."
"do you grill the brats and onion in the same foil?"