German Brat Seafood Boil
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 quarts water
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seafood seasoning
- 5 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat, turning frequently, until meat is no longer pink, 15-20 minutes. Grill onion, covered, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. Cut bratwurst into 2-in. pieces.
- In a stockpot, combine water, beer and seafood seasoning; add corn, potatoes, lemon, bratwurst and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Stir in cod; cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 553 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1620mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 4, 2017
Hi mikenmarg,The recipe is correct, it uses a half cup of seafood seasoning. Keep in mind that it's going into almost 3 quarts of liquid though.
May 3, 2017
Sounds terrific, but seriously ... a half cup of Old Bay or something similar?