More Pasta Dinners »
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover; microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add the cream, asparagus, Parmesan cheese and prosciutto; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Bow Ties with Asparagus and Prosciutto
Sort By :
"This was super easy to prep, I did sauté 2 cloves of garlic and added it to the cream. Fantastic!"
"This recipe was so easy to prepare! My husband and I really enjoyed it and I will definitely be making it again."
"Simple recipe with flavorful results...and so quick to put together! I did add 3 small chicken breast halves, thinly sliced and sauteed in a skillet, adding a 3.5 oz pkg of proscuitto the last couple of minutes cook time. Because I added extra meat, I increased the heavy cream by an extra 1/2 c. Prepared as directed otherwise. When asparagus no longer in season will continue to use this recipe with other veggies and maybe sprinkled with fresh basil or parsley."
"This was something else... I enjoy cooking with spices and only when I started to prepare the meal did I realize it does not call for any. At first I was tempted to add a bit of Rosemary or even garlic, but I decided not to and simply sprinkled a little bit of Mrs Dash over the asparagus before I popped it into the microwave. I used frozen asparagus, because fresh is a lot more expensive. I cooked it in the microwave for 6 minutes before I added it to the pasta. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised, even without the spices it tasted really good. I would not substitute the ham for chicken though, as chicken does not have the strong taste of ham and would make the meal taste bland. I gave it a four though, because it's not all that special, but I will make it again, because it is super easy and really cheap."
"This receipe is GREAT! You can use chicken instead if you want. I also add crumbled bacon and garlic too."