- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle half over batter. Top with half of the berries. Repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Nice coffee cake with my Sunday brunch menu."
"I made this cake and it was wonderful. Going to make it again, but with frozen peaches.Thank you so much for your recipe."
"I just have a suggestion for your lovely cake - I have a blueberry cake that I love, and always add either toasted pecans or walnuts (my family love nuts), as well as zest from either 2 lemons or orange and lemon. It gives it a great taste, but doesn't distract from the blueberries!"
"A wonderful cake recipe, I've made it several times and it always comes out perfectly. I love to add it to my brunch menu, especially in the spring of the year. I've never found it to be dry, but I have noticed that if you measure an 8-ounce container of sour cream, that's not really a cup. So, I always measure a cup full of sour cream and add it that way, which I belileve makes it nice and moist."
"loved this recipe!! I followed the recipe, just added the zest of one lemon to the batter, and ground walnuts to the filling. I'm not a big cake eater, but I've had 5 pieces and it gets better with every slice!! Thank-you Susan"