Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle half over batter. Top with half of the berries. Repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake(14)
Sort By :
loved this recipe!! I followed the recipe, just added the zest of one lemon to the batter, and ground walnuts to the filling. I'm not a big cake eater, but I've had 5 pieces and it gets better with every slice!! Thank-you Susan
We enjoyed this cake... but the cook time seemed a little off and our pan seemed too small. Next time, I'm lowering the oven temp and using a 9 by 9 pan. Thanks for the recipe!
I've been baking this since it was published in 2006. It's a beautiful looking cake and one of my family's favorite. Sometimes I make it with a bag of frozen blueberries or frozen mixed berries but it's out of this world with fresh Maine wild blueberries.
I make this for our church coffee hour and it disappears in minutes!
Thank you for such a wonderful recipe!
I did not put glaze on it (no time!). The cake is a little dry, but my husband loves it! You can use lite sour cream to cut some of the calories.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Coffee Cake >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >