- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine egg, orange juice, water, butter and orange peel. Add to dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the blueberries. Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Blueberry Orange Bread
"Took this to a Prayer Breakfast this morning and brought home an empty plate. Very good. Used a little orange flavoring since I had no grated orange peel. Loved that there was only 2 tb. of butter--we don't need a lot of fat."
"This is a delicious semi-moist bread. I took two of them to my Sunday School class this morning and it was almost all gone at the end. I was glad there were a couple pieces left for my family, who promptly gobbled up the rest!"
"I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet, if so is it a dry or moist bread, I'd think it'd be moist but was wondering just the same"
"My family and I love this recipe and make it a few times a year. Tastes like summer!"