These tender muffins are easy to eat on the go. Oats, blueberries and yogurt make them tasty and nutritious. “These are wonderful,” says Donna Brockett from Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the egg, yogurt and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p59
Reviews for Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review