Blueberry Lemon Trifle Recipe
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) lemon pie filling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, combine pie filling and yogurt.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. serving or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, lemon mixture and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with reserved blueberries, and lemon and mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Lemon Trifle(7)
Sort By :
This was fantastic! I made 3 modifications to the recipe. First, I used the entire contents of 3 6oz cartons of lemon yogurt (this made for a couple oz. more that what the recipe called for). I also mixed the fresh blueberries with jar of blueberry preserves. Third, I used fresh whipping cream I sweetened with vanilla extract and confetioner's sugar. I then topped with the fresh blueberries as shown, but grated lemon rind over the top layer. Would and will make this again!
I have made this many times and everyoone loves it. It makes a large amount and is great for a large group.
Fabulous-this is such a quick recipe and it's so yummy and pretty. Everywhere I take it people rave over it. I often use frozen blueberries for trifle and fresh for the garnish on top when fresh blueberries aren't on sale.
This is a wonderful summer recipe. I did use real whipping cream with confectioners' sugar instead of CoolWhip. Also, for the lemon yogurt, I used 2 1/2 (6 ounce) cartons of lemon yogurt. I think the recipe should have said 2 cartons (8 ounces each) lemon yogurt, but you can't buy 8 ounce yogurt cartons anymore. At least not in MN.
It looks great! Is the lemon yogurt two 8 ounce cups (16 oz total) or is it a total of 8 ounces?
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Berry Trifle >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >