Blueberry Lemon Trifle
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) lemon pie filling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, combine pie filling and yogurt.
- 2. In a 3-1/2-qt. serving or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, lemon mixture and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with reserved blueberries, and lemon and mint if desired.
1 serving: 230 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
Super excited to make this for Easter today! I have reread the recipe several times because people keep referring tp lemon pudding?? The recipe says to use pie filling so that is what I purchased. Will be back later to rate. Happy Easter All!
Mar 28, 2018
Cool Whip tastes like oily chemicals to me: nasty stuff! So instead I whipped fresh heavy cream, sweetened it lightly, folded in some lemon curd (I cheated and used store-bought because I found it super-cheap in the post-holidays sale last month). I saved a bit of plain whipped cream to top the trifle. Everyone loved it at an impromptu dinner over the weekend. Two-star rating with Cool Whip, 5 with real ingredients. Next time I think I'll use a basket or so of berries to make a fresh syrup to soak --- or at least moisten -- the angel food cubes to enhance color and flavor.
Mar 19, 2018
Wish I can get it a place closeby-yummy-love berries-thanks for the recipe -hope I can find it in some type pf humungous place-so to say.
Dec 25, 2017
Was looking for a relatively "light" dessert option for after Christmas dinner and this was it! Using a suggestion from another reader, I added whipped topping between the layers. Followed the rest of the directions as written.
It was very well received and definitely a lighter offering than traditional pies or cakes. Will absolutely make this one again.
Aug 12, 2017
Easy to assemble and soooo good! I used boxed instant pudding instead of canned lemon pudding.
May 24, 2017
This was delicious. I made this for a work celebration right around Memorial Day and added strawberries to make it patriotic. Everyone loved it. Makes a lot.
Jul 26, 2016
Have not made yet, but I agree with other reviewers, whip cream should go in between layers. The way this is, everyone would not get whip cream. Will rate again when I make.
Jul 14, 2016
Very good. I make a similar one using poundcake and raspberries.
Jul 5, 2015
Loved it. Used box pudding. Will try with strawberries and cheesecake pudding. Very easy and makes a ton
May 29, 2015
Never have I given bad review on anything but could not eat this. I thought same as other person regarding only whip cream on top and so put on each layer, but even still, the lemon was soooooooo strong could not eat at all. Gonna try diff recipe tomorrow.