My wife adores this steak—and me when I fix it for her. She thinks it’s the ideal dish for Friday night after a long workweek. —Michael Rouse, Minot, North Dakota
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cut steak into four equal portions; season with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Brown steaks, about 5 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, add blue cheese and bread crumbs to onion; mix well. Spread over steaks.
- Broil steaks 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until steaks reach desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese-Crusted Sirloin Steaks in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p60
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Crusted Sirloin Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review