- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, tomato, bacon and pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, water, barbecue sauce, vinegar and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BLT Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"how many calories in this?"
"My family loved this dish. I will make it again!"
"This is very good for a hot summer's supper on the deck! Be sure the pasta is drained well so it doesn't make the dressing runny."
"My husband and I loved this without the chicken. We will add more bacon for the true BLT taste."
"This was really easy to make, and quite good. You could easily use the precooked bacon and save a little time. I cooked my own, but next time I'll use precooked. The dressing is not overpowering nor is the salad swimming in it. It provides a nice coating of flavor."