- 16 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BLT Bites
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/appetizers/recipes""
"Big hit at recent open house - especially with gluten-free crowd! Big bacon flavour"
"I have made these for many years and they are always a hit. I really wish would people wouldn't criticize recipes without trying them first. Also if you think there is too much of a certain ingredient, bacon for example, don't make it."
"These are amazing! I made these for my in-laws anniversary party and they were gone within minutes. I used precooked bacon pieces for convenience and a grapefruit spoon to hollow out the tomatoes."
"These are really good but preparing the tomatoes is tedious a lot of work for a one bite snack. Will do the filling on crackers or baguette"