- 16 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BLT Bites
"These were good. I shortcutted and bought Real Bacon bits (said 50% reduced fat on the bag). I didn't get as many tomatoes out of the recipe, mine were gigantic though they were marked cherry. Swapped mayo out and used sour cream."
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/appetizers/recipes""
"Big hit at recent open house - especially with gluten-free crowd! Big bacon flavour"
"I have made these for many years and they are always a hit. I really wish would people wouldn't criticize recipes without trying them first. Also if you think there is too much of a certain ingredient, bacon for example, don't make it."
"These are amazing! I made these for my in-laws anniversary party and they were gone within minutes. I used precooked bacon pieces for convenience and a grapefruit spoon to hollow out the tomatoes."