Blackened Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, thyme, lemon-pepper, cayenne and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, water, vinegar and remaining sugar, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate 1 cup for serving. Save remaining sauce for basting.
- Grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Blackened Chicken(6)
Sort By :
A lot of ingredients compared to how I usually cook for sake of time, but well worth it. Basting the chicken while cooking really helped keep it moist.
The spices on the chicken were pretty good but I didn't care for the mayo vinegar sauce ... next time ill skip that part.
omg this is awesome-spicy chicken mellowed out with that wonderful Alabama Barbecue Sauce.
I made a large batch of the spices and keep it in the cupboard, so it's easier to make often. However, I don't baste the chicken during cooking. I simply use the sauce as a dipping sauce.
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVEthis recipe and always make it.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >