The idea for these bite-size tarts started with little chocolate bottles of brandy. For an extra dash of fabulous, I place chocolate in the bottom of each pastry cup. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
- 1 package (14.10 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup turbinado (washed raw) sugar or granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 425°. Bring pie pastry sheets to room temperature.
- Stir together mascarpone cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Add brandy, 1/4 teaspoon ginger and vanilla; stir until well blended. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips; cover and refrigerate.
- Combine pumpkin pie spice, remaining sugar and remaining ginger until well blended. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over sheets. Lightly roll pastry to help sugar mixture adhere. Cut into 24 circles with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit or round cookie cutter; discard scraps. Lightly press circles, sugar side up, into 24 mini-muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Pierce bottoms once with a fork.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes; remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of chocolate chips into each pastry cup; spread to cover bottom. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- When pastry is completely cool, refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes. Spoon brandy mixture into cups, or cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag, insert a star tip and pipe mixture into cups. Sprinkle with remaining chips and, if desired, additional pie spice. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Black Bottom Brandy Bites in Taste of Home December 2016
Reviews for Black Bottom Brandy Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review