- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated chocolate
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a small bowl, mash beans. Add the egg, zucchini, bread crumbs, cheese, chili powder, salt, baking powder and cumin; mix well.
- Shape into six patties; brush both sides with oil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with black bean cakes. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/4 cups salsa).
Reviews for Black Bean Cakes with Mole Salsa
Sort By :
"These were excellent and the Mole Salsa makes the dish..it was delicious. Easy to make too. Perfect for Meatless Monday!"
"Good for you. The texture is a bit soft"
"These turned out better than I expected. They were delicious! My hubby even liked them and he normally prefers meat. Very impressed!"
"These cakes are easy to make and they go great with the mole salsa!"
"I substituted 1 cup of cooked butternut squash for the zucchini and they turned out great. The salsa was very yummy and really made the recipe great"