Billie's Southern Sweet Potato Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in sweet potatoes and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Billie's Southern Sweet Potato Cake
Sort By :
I only added cup and a half of sugar for the cake and it was perfect. My husband really liked it.
A delicious moist cake with just the right amount of spice. Tastes even better the next day!
Made this cake for a family friend. He went crazy over it !!!!!!
We both really enjoyed this cake. Thanks for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Nut Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Sweet Potato Recipes >