- 3 pounds uncooked skinless turkey breast, cubed
- 4 pounds uncooked chorizo, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon saffron threads or 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and chorizo in oil in batches until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions and red pepper until tender. Add garlic and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato puree and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a stock pot. Stir in the water, rice, broth, salt, thyme, saffron, bay leaf, turkey and chorizo. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add shrimp; cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; discard bay leaf. Stir in olives and parsley. Yield: 24 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Paella in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p43
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Best Paella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review