Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 garlic-flavored sandwich pickle slices
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Layer the cheese, ham, tomato, pickles and caramelized onions on four bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 405 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1188mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 30, 2012
This was fantansic. We live in Costa Rica so ingredients are hard to find at times. My husband loved these, will definitly make these again. Gracias!
Mar 13, 2012
I made these for 12 people. They raved about them. So delicious & a favorite!!!
Jan 26, 2012
Very nice recipe
Aug 2, 2011
I am ready to try this one looks really good
Feb 10, 2011
The taste was fabulous! Loved it. It's a little messy to make, buy my philosophy is the messier the better!
Jan 29, 2011
Awesome!!! Used LaBrea Bread from Harris Teeter. My husband loved it and he does most of the cooking! Will defintely make again.