- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup
Sort By :
"Good recipe for a cold day."
"Made this tonight, and thought it was kind of just "meh". Definitely had to add some flavor, and it was still just ho-hum. I added a bit of Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt, and a bit of sugar to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes (2 tsp or so). But it definitely doesn't taste like any lasagna I ever had. I used 1/2 gr beef, 1/2 Italian sausage, like others recommended. I'm not giving up on this recipe - I think next time I will omit the corn, and put some of the things in that I actually use in my lasagna - a bit of ricotta cheese for some creaminess, a little fennel seed, and some parsley. A good start to a soup, but has a long way to go to be "the best" - in my opinion, of course. Everyone has different tastes though, that's what makes the world go 'round!"
"It needs mozzarella to make it more lasagna like. It was tasty though."
"Hubby approved! I like it, too. I omitted the green pepper & corn, pureed the diced tomatoes and halved the recipe except the beef. Cooked the pasta separately to pour the cooled cooking water on a bush - natural fertilizer."
"I think "lasagna" is a little misleading, I've never had green pepper in lasagna before, but it's still delicious. Also, I used whole stewed tomatoes instead of diced."