- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Best Lasagna Soup(39)
Sort By :
We didn't care for this as much, but it was not bad. And it was easy!
Very hearty and comforting soup. I added salt, additional water and garlic salt to it. I ended up simmering it for about 2 hours to marry the flavors. It was delicious. Next time I think I may try Italian sausage instead of the hamburger meat. I put generous amounts of parmesan cheese on top of each bowl and with the parmesan it really tasted a lot like lasagna. Would recommend trying! Field Editor since July 2013
Very good soup. I was surprised at how similar it actually tasted like lasagna. I thought the broth would be too thick and tomato-tasting but that it exactly what makes it taste like lasagna. Also, the Parm cheese on top also adds to the lasagna flavor. Who'd of thought! Made some garlic-cheese bread to go with it, great meal. Will be making again for sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This soup was just "ok" It was lacking on flavor and I didn't think it tasted like lasagna at all
My whole family loved this soup. I used canned tomatoes with onions and green peppers to save time chopping up fresh and tomato sause with italian herbs in it. Very yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >