Best Ever Banana Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread(178)
Sort By :
I'm not even a huge fan of banana bread, but this was just delicious. I left out the nuts since we didn't have them in the house. I will be saving this and using it as my standby for banana bread.
I will also only be using this recipe from now on. Finally a banana bread that is moist and that I can taste the banana in! Added a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg and 3 bananas. Hubby says instead of trying to eat the banana's before they get overripe as usual, we'll purposefully leave them to brown just so we can have this bread as often as possible.
This banana bread deserves more than *10* stars. I use this recipe exclusively!!
This is the best banana bread I've ever had, I've made it for my family, friends, and church, they all rave about it. Last week I did an experiment, substituted home made cinnamon apple sauce for the bananas, came out really good, the people of my church really liked it. Great Reciepe.
Has anyone substituted applesauce for part of the oil? I would like to cut down on calories and fat but don't want to ruin the end result.