- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
"It was okay, but to sweet for my taste."
"This is great and easy to make. I did add an extra banana which made it more moist but it is not needed. I also used 4 mini loaf pans and baked them 40 minutes. I have made other banana breads and this is my favorite."
"Simply outstanding. I searched for a banana bread made with oil rather than butter, so this fit the bill. No mixer needed, just stir until blended and bake. I reduced sugar to 1 1/4 cups and substituted banana extract in place of vanilla. The combination of oil in place of butter and lower baking temperature yielded a tall, moist, and flavorful loaf."
"The whole family loves this bread as a breakfast item or a midnight snack. Sliced a half inch thick, toasted with a little butter it's heaven on a plate.I would have given 5 stars but I think 1.5 cups sugar is too much. Cut back on the pure cane a bit and this bread is a winner."
"This banana bread truly is amazing! My husband and kids can't get enough of it. I always double the recipe so can make two loaves. I also use 6 bananas because I love the banana flavor and I leave out the walnuts. Wonderful recipe!"