- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
"The flavor was good but I did find it a little too moist and left me feeling like it was too oily."
"Really good recipe didn't have canola oil use vegetable oil and it was delicious!"
"Love this recipe! Make it all the time, really easy and tastes amazing. Also if you dont have butter milk just take some regular milk and vinegar, it makes the same thickness and doesnt taste any different. it's 1tbls vinegar to every cup of milk and set for 5 min while your mixing up everything else. so in a 1/4 cup of milk i would just put 1 tsp vinegar."
"This stayed so moist, even after it cooled for days later. I followed it perfectly, but left out the nuts. This recipe is a keeper!"
"I will reduce the sugar to only 1 cup next time. It was a little sweet for my taste. It fit in my 3 mini loaf pans perfectly. I only added 1/4 cup of milk. It did fine. Didn't see the need for 1 TLBS. ??"