- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
Terrific, I cut down to 3/4 cup of white sugar and 1/4 c. brown sugar and next time will cut it even more... however; I, also, used melted butter because I did not have oil ..it was decadent.
I choose this recipe because it only needed 2 bananas for a loaf. I had 5 available and I wanted two loafs. This was such delicious banana bread. I didn't have buttermilk and just used regular milk too. I didn't have Canola oil, so I used vegetable oil. This is so moist and a lovely brown loaf when baked in metal pans. I loved the chewy texture to the ends of the loaf. All the kids agree, and want to keep eating it. Even my girl that doesn't like bananas loved it. Yeah! I will definitely make it again!
This is TRULY THE BEST Banana Bread recipe I've tried; and I've tried a few. It is versatile and good just as it stands.
This recipe is fantastic! I've made it many times and wouldn't change a thing; except I usually use 3 bananas.
This is the only banana bread recipe I will make from now on. Great!