- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
I will reduce the sugar to only 1 cup next time. It was a little sweet for my taste. It fit in my 3 mini loaf pans perfectly. I only added 1/4 cup of milk. It did fine. Didn't see the need for 1 TLBS. ??
Made this today and it's been a family favorite for years :-) :-)
Huge hit with the entire family!! We did cut the sugar back by 1/4 cup and will probably reduce it more next time. Like others we also add ed some cinnamon and nutmeg to suit our family's taste.
Thanks Domsmom827 for your suggestions!!! I used butter in place of oil and used part brown sugar part white sugar and it truly IS the BEST EVER banana bread!! I omitted the walnuts too. My husband never liked banana bread until I made this!!! Also I always had trouble with my bread baking all the way thru w/o becoming to done. Not anymore!! :D
I made this yesterday and it's very good -- very moist and flavorful -- I used 3 bananas as suggested by others and it had a nice banana flavor. Mine took an extra 10 minutes of baking time, and thus, got a little dark, but that might be my old oven. I think next time, I will try substituting melted butter for the canola oil -- I prefer baking with butter.