- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
"I reduced the sugar to 1 cup as per suggestions. I reduced the oil by half and replaced it with more banana and some applesauce. I also replaced almost all the flour with whole wheat flour. A healthier version that still tasted great - the kids loved it!"
"Great recipe, it is a bit sweeter than I would like. Since this is my husband's favorite I'm making it for the second time this week. I did add a dash of cinnamon."
"Amazing! I added cinnamon and an extra banana. I am going to get mini loaf pans, and then double the recipe then make it. I will say how it goes!"
"The whole Family loves this Bread! Outstanding recipe!"
"I read every review and then made my version. I added 1-tsp. cinnamon and nutmeg tothe flour. 1-cup sugar; 3-bananas; 1-stk. melted butter; 1-tsp banana extract. Baked it70-minutes. Goes without saying, this is absolutely the best ever banana bread. My husband loved it so much, before going to bed I sliced a piece, buttered it and left itfor him to toast next morning. Have bought more bananas to ripen for another loaf."