- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, celery, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, water, Italian seasoning, salt if desired, bouillon, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef Zucchini Soup
Sort By :
"This turned out great! I doubled the recipe and put half in the freezer. Next time I will probably cut back on the tomatoes, it was just alittle too much for me."
"My family loves this recipe...I also put 1/2 lb of ground sausage, and put it over egg noodles. It is very good!!!! We make this when zucchini is plentiful"
"loved this! I added a can of tomato sauce, can of beef broth,and a tiny pinch of red pepper."
"Didn't make my favorite list.sc"
"MY HUSBAND LOVES THIS SOUP,WHEN ZUCCHINI IS PLENTIFUL IN THE SUMMER. I PUT IT OVER NOODLES, AND I DOUBLE THE RECIPE. IT IS HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS!! KJH67"