Beef Pineapple Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry carrots and onion in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add green pepper and snow peas; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Beef Pineapple Stir Fry(7)
Sort By :
I loved this!! I did all the prep work before hand so all I had to do was throw together and cook, made it simple. Yummmm.
did not have pineapple & tidbits, used lemonade. excellent.
What did I do wrong? Everything was looking yummy, but I went to add the cornstarch mixture to the pan, everything went to goo! The carrots and other vegetables globbed up and everything looked like glue! (no worries about bringint it to a boil, there really was no liquid to boil!) However, I proceeded with the recipe, added the beef and pineapple and dinner was a success! I love the pineapple; I would add more next time. But if you could tell me how to prevent everything from clumping together next time, I'd sure appreciate it! (was the cornstarch mixture supposed to be hot when added to the pan?)
Great way to use up leftover pot roast! Instead of soaking raw meat I cut of the meat from our roast and soaked it for the greater part of the day and then just popped in in the microwave before adding it to the stir-fry!
Qucik, easy, and very tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >