- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and cucumber; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Layer half of each pita with steak, tomato, olives, onion, cheese, lettuce and dressing mixture. Fold each pita over filling; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Beef Gyros
"I added salt and pepper to the meat while cooking. We also added some garlic to the dressing to add more flavor. I rated this on the basic recipe. Make some additions/changes and you'll have a better taste I believe."
"I used low fat yogurt ranch and it was great!"
"This was a neat meal; felt like a party! :) Served with homemade pita (TOH recipe) and homemade tzatziki sauce rather than ranch dressing. (In a blender, combine 1 cup fat free, plain Greek yogurt; 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped; the juice of 1/2 lemon; 1 T olive oil; 1 clove a garlic; fresh dill and salt and pepper)"
"We liked this recipe and will be making it again. The only thing I would change is to add seasoning to the meat. Otherwise fast, easy and delicious!"
"Great easy, fast, healthy AND delicious recipe!! I used feta and cheddar.. and I seasoned the meat with a little garlic salt and pepper. I also set everything on the table so the whole family can make there own gyro the way they want! Very big hit with a family of picky eaters!"