Marinated Beef Gyros
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and sugar; refrigerate until serving. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beef for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve on pitas with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 396 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1046mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2012
I substituted Chicken Fried Steak in place of the Sirloin steak and it tasted awesome
Apr 29, 2009
True, of course I can't think why you would want to add suger to a salad dressing.
Jan 7, 2008
I think I would like this better with the Greek Yogurt sauce (can't remember the correct name) Sounds good tho.Barb