- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 16 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- Vegetable oil
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped ripe olives, chopped tomatoes, additional cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, cheese and taco sauce. Cook and stir until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Spoon about 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla. Fold up edge nearest filling; fold in both sides and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. In a large skillet, fry tortillas, folded side down, in oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 16 chimichangas.
Reviews for Beef and Bean Chimichangas
Sort By :
"I have enjoyed many of the recipes posted and the beef and bean chimichangas is another great recipe.I am only one to feed, and freeze quite a bit of food. I usually look online for information re freezing certain foods. I too would like the recipes to indicate they are freezer friendly, Thank you"
"It would be nice if you would indicate if the recipes you publish daily are freezer friendly. Thanks"
"I loved this recipe. My husband also loved it. Will definitely be making this again!"
"These were great Chimichangas. The whole family loved them and they were so easy to make."
"These are my fiance's new favorite! Thanks for the recipe!!"