Beef and Bean Chimichangas Recipe
My family never gets bored with what I serve for dinner, because I'm always trying new recipes. These chimichangas, though, are often requested especially by our teenage daughter.Janice Lyons, Eagle River, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 16 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- Vegetable oil
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped ripe olives, chopped tomatoes, additional cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, cheese and taco sauce. Cook and stir until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Spoon about 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla. Fold up edge nearest filling; fold in both sides and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. In a large skillet, fry tortillas, folded side down, in oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 16 chimichangas.
Originally published as Beef and Bean Chimichangas in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p303
Reviews for Beef and Bean Chimichangas(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2013
I loved this recipe. My husband also loved it. Will definitely be making this again!
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2009
These were great Chimichangas. The whole family loved them and they were so easy to make.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2009
These are my fiance's new favorite! Thanks for the recipe!!