- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the spinach, onions, olives and 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper; heat through. Stir in tomato; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and remaining lemon-pepper. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill with beef mixture and feta cheese. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef & Spinach Gyros
Sort By :
"Easy to make. I used a can of diced tomatoes. I didn't care for the sauce so Nxt time I'll eat w/o sauce. I added bk and red peppers for some heat. Will be making again."
"Very tasty. I used ground turkey and substituted onion powder for the green onions. I only added about half the can of olives. I did add the lemon pepper to taste and some garlic salt. The sauce and feta cheese really made this dish!"
"Soo good! I omited and substituted some stuff cause of preference (onion powder instead of onions), no olives or lettuce. And I really dislike low fat mayo, I used regular. But everything else was the same. It was incredibly easy to make and just amazing! The sauce is to die for! The lemon pepper really gives it a boost! I salted the spinach as well, but just barely. Try this recipe!"
"This is now a favorite in our house! I omit the lettuce because it doesnt really add anything, and add more lemon pepper seasoning than it calls for. Very easy and delicious!"
"Oops. *meal --- lol."