Beef & Spinach Gyros Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the spinach, onions, olives and 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper; heat through. Stir in tomato; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and remaining lemon-pepper. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill with beef mixture and feta cheese. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef & Spinach Gyros(9)
Sort By :
Soo good! I omited and substituted some stuff cause of preference (onion powder instead of onions), no olives or lettuce. And I really dislike low fat mayo, I used regular. But everything else was the same. It was incredibly easy to make and just amazing! The sauce is to die for! The lemon pepper really gives it a boost! I salted the spinach as well, but just barely. Try this recipe!
This is now a favorite in our house! I omit the lettuce because it doesnt really add anything, and add more lemon pepper seasoning than it calls for. Very easy and delicious!
Oops. *meal --- lol.
Fantastic! Such a simple mean, yet delicious and filling. I didn't have any lemon pepper seasoning on hand, so I made my own with freshly cracked pepper and lemon juice straight from the lemon. It was flavorful and delicious. I chose whole wheat pita, and used fresh spinach instead of the lettuce (and of course the frozen spinach that was cooked.)
This is a great, quick, meal. You get your meat (I try to use organic, grass - fed as often as possible) you get some good stuff from the spinach, and if you use a good quality pita, you get the good carbs from the whole grain. This was another big hit at my house. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. Next time I might try using ground lamb!
Great for a quick summery meal. Loved the sauce. My husband made sure that I wasn't throwing away any leftovers because he wanted it again the next day!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >