Bavarian Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 300° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned (cover edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand for 15 minutes. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved; stir in lemon juice. Stir into strawberry mixture. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bavarian Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
Are you using sweetened flaked coconut?
I make this recipe every year after we go strawberry picking. My husband is a huge coconut fan, so it is definitely one of his favorites!
I made this last night, just as the recipe called, and it was lip smackin' delicious. Vey easy to make.
Loved it! I let the strawberries sit to long in the sugar, so it made to much juice. Not a problem. Filled a Tupperware container w/ the leftovers & it was delicious.
I didn't have enough coconut to make the whle crust out of it, so I just used a regular pie crust recipe and substituted coconut for 1/3 of the flour... it was great!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >
- Pie Recipes >
- Strawberry Pie >