- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until heated through. Pour into four serving bowls; drizzle each with lime juice. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bart's Black Bean Soup
"I made 4 recipes, hoping for leftovers..NOT. I used 2 cans of beans and 2 cans of refried black beans. To that I added 2 whole cans of corn... a little more than the recipe calls for. It was very good."
"Delicious! I subbed the chicken broth for veggie broth to get a vegetarian meal. The lime juice is a great touch! So simple and easy to make. Perfect for lunches!"
"This is so fabulous & easy. I also double recipe & fix on the stovetop. PLUS, I add 1/2 lb. smoked sausage links (sliced into coins, then quartered). Modified the name to "Black Bart Bean Soup". Fans of "Christmas Story" will get it & my kids think the new name is great!"
"Is this correct amount of sodium? It seems very high. Sounds good, but I am supposed to limit sodium."
"We made this when both sides of the family came over and everyone loved it! We got requests for a copy of the recipe! (Stove top is best)"