Bart’s Black Bean Soup for Two
This soup is made in minutes. We enjoy it with Herbed Dinner Rolls from an older issue of Simple & Delicious. Add a salad for a complete meal that’s really tasty! —Sharon Ullyot, London, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until heated through. Pour into two serving bowls; drizzle each with lime juice. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 218 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Black Bart's Black Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.