My bread machine makes the crust for this mouthwatering pizza. Barbecue sauce, turkey, vegetables and cheese deliver so much flavor even your biggest pizza fans won't believe it's light.—Krista Frank, Rhododendron, Oregon
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly.
- Spread barbecue sauce over crust. Layer with half of the turkey, corn, onion, green pepper, garlic and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Turkey Pizza in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Barbecued Turkey Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2012
"Not everyone owns a bread machine. These instructions are sadly limiting."
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2010
"Great recipe! We make it often and always a hit!"