Dilly Barbecued Turkey
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 1 hour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey breast half with bone (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining yogurt.
- Drain and discard marinade from turkey. Grill turkey, covered, over medium-hot heat, basting often with reserved marinade, for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 245 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 1, 2011
I made this recipe grilling 2 whole turkey breasts for a bridal shower in 1995 and everyone loved it. Made it again for friends yesterday and it was very easy and was very tender. I started with the 2 halves in an aluminum roasting pan and after 30 minutes, put it directly on the grate and it was very flavorful.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.