Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet
Sort By :
"It feels unhealthy, but tastes oh so good. Also, super easy to make. The delicious smell was making me impatient. I left out the green onion and added a little bit of dried chives instead I also added french fried onions on top."
"I made this recipe recently, substituting shredded BBQ chicken for the pork. I thought it was rather bland and nothing special but two of my family members loved it. Since my family liked it, I guess I'll make it again but maybe try adding something to make it a little more spicy."
"delicious a little kicky for me so next time I cut both cumin and pepper in half still had a kick but not as spicy."
"Weird combo. Not too bad though."
"I made this today and it was really good. I used roasted red bell peppers but that is the only thing I changed. We will be having this again for something different."