- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 cups chopped romaine
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, mix barbecue sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and paprika. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer should read at least 165°).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; cut into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, toss chicken with 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture. Place romaine on a large serving platter; arrange chicken, vegetables, avocado, eggs, bacon and cheese over romaine. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad
"I really enjoyed this salad. Fresh and tasty. I drizzled with a light vinegrett dressing."
"I modified this recipe slightly, I used leftover roasted split chicken breasts and added the bbq/spice mixture. I'm always on the lookout for delicious salads...this fit the bill!"
"This salad is fabulous!"