- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 12 slices egg bread or challah (about 3/4 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, cream, cinnamon, allspice and, if desired, pecans. Add bananas; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread over top, trimming to fit as necessary.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender; process just until blended. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Invert to serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Baked French Toast
Sort By :
"I cut this recipe in half and it turned out wonderfully in a 8 by 8 baking dish. I made it for brunch today. I wish I would have read the reviews because I didn't use the nonstick spray as recommended below and had little issue trying to remove from the pan. Mine did not turn out as pretty as pictured above. But all in all my husband did say he could eat this everyday."
"This is definitely easy to assemble and bake the next morning. Be sure to spray pan so it is nonstick. The taste was a bit too sweet for me. I don't I'll make this again."
"I really loved this recipe because of how easy it was to put together and you can put it together the night before. I did use milk in place of the heavy whipping cream because it's what I had on hand. I think it turned out great even though I used milk. I used regular bread too."
"I used Texas toast instead egg bread, worked fine. It stuck when I went to flip pan so I would spray it next time. Add more pecans if you're a nut lover. Overall- DELICIOUS!"
"This was delicious! A weekend splurge definitely. The only thing I would change would be to spray the pan with cooking spray before adding the ingredients. When I inverted it to serve, part of it stuck to the pan."