- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 12 slices egg bread or challah (about 3/4 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, cream, cinnamon, allspice and, if desired, pecans. Add bananas; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread over top, trimming to fit as necessary.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender; process just until blended. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Invert to serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Baked French Toast
Sort By :
"Tastes great but stuck to pan and came out mushy. The recipe says "ungreased pan", but I think some cooking spray would have helped. When I inverted the pan onto a cutting board, most of the bananas stuck to the pan. I ended up putting it back in the pan, somewhat mixed up, bananas mostly on top now, and stuck it under the broiler for 5 minutes on high. The high heat put a nice caramelized crispy top to some of it, making it more enjoyable to eat."
"This was delicious. I made this for Christmas brunch and May daughter and son in law loved it it is a keeper!"
"I cut this recipe in half and it turned out wonderfully in a 8 by 8 baking dish. I made it for brunch today. I wish I would have read the reviews because I didn't use the nonstick spray as recommended below and had little issue trying to remove from the pan. Mine did not turn out as pretty as pictured above. But all in all my husband did say he could eat this everyday."
"This is definitely easy to assemble and bake the next morning. Be sure to spray pan so it is nonstick. The taste was a bit too sweet for me. I don't I'll make this again."
"I really loved this recipe because of how easy it was to put together and you can put it together the night before. I did use milk in place of the heavy whipping cream because it's what I had on hand. I think it turned out great even though I used milk. I used regular bread too."