Bananas Foster Baked French Toast Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 12 slices challah or egg bread (about 3/4 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave; stir in brown sugar, cream, spices and, if desired, pecans. Add bananas; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread over top.
- Place milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a blender; process until blended. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes. To serve, invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Baked French Toast(3)
Sort By :
This is a very good recipe for a Sunday breakfast. Sure it may have a lot of calories but if you're watching your calories all week it's okay to splurge on a weekend.
This was delicious. I added 1/4 cup of spiced rum and used walnuts instead of pecans. So very tasty.
Good grief! Fat Fat, sugar, fat. Was looking forward to trying this, nope. Can someone slim this recipe down for something suitable for post Christmas. yikes!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >