- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 12 slices egg bread or challah (about 3/4 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, cream, cinnamon, allspice and, if desired, pecans. Add bananas; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread over top, trimming to fit as necessary.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender; process just until blended. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Invert to serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Baked French Toast
Sort By :
This is a very good recipe for a Sunday breakfast. Sure it may have a lot of calories but if you're watching your calories all week it's okay to splurge on a weekend.
This was delicious. I added 1/4 cup of spiced rum and used walnuts instead of pecans. So very tasty.
Good grief! Fat Fat, sugar, fat. Was looking forward to trying this, nope. Can someone slim this recipe down for something suitable for post Christmas. yikes!