- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 12 slices egg bread or challah (about 3/4 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, cream, cinnamon, allspice and, if desired, pecans. Add bananas; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread over top, trimming to fit as necessary.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender; process just until blended. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Invert to serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Baked French Toast
Sort By :
"I really loved this recipe because of how easy it was to put together and you can put it together the night before. I did use milk in place of the heavy whipping cream because it's what I had on hand. I think it turned out great even though I used milk. I used regular bread too."
"I used Texas toast instead egg bread, worked fine. It stuck when I went to flip pan so I would spray it next time. Add more pecans if you're a nut lover. Overall- DELICIOUS!"
"This was delicious! A weekend splurge definitely. The only thing I would change would be to spray the pan with cooking spray before adding the ingredients. When I inverted it to serve, part of it stuck to the pan."
"This is a very good recipe for a Sunday breakfast. Sure it may have a lot of calories but if you're watching your calories all week it's okay to splurge on a weekend."