Chopped pecans add pleasant crunch to these hearty muffins with rich banana flavor. Says Marjorie Mott from Galatia, Illinois, “These muffins are low in cholesterol, but you’d never know it. My husband and I love them.”
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, bananas, brown sugar, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Oat Muffins in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p45
Reviews for Banana Oat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review