- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Banana Nut Muffins
"Substituted with almond flour, coconut oil, sunflower seeds and turbinado sugar. Added a streusel topping before popping in the oven. Great little muffin recipe with satisfactory texture and flavor. Super easy, quick to throw together and highly versatile."
"These were okay, but nothing outstanding. I wanted to try the recipe, since it was so easy. I will not make them again, though."
"Super simple to make and so moist! If you love banana bread, you will love these too. I added a simple powdered sugar glaze to the top and it was fantastic!"
"Very easy, and doubles well. Love the texture and flavor. I like a touch more cinnamon, and I used pecans. Delicious."
"OK, so I made these today and was saving them for breakfast for tomorrow. But, they smelled so good we had to try one. These are sooooooooooooo good. I found they made 7 muffins not 6."
"Yummy, yummy, yummy! I was concerned since the recipe is thick, but they turned out fantastic!"
"These muffins had a fluffy cake like texture and tasted great with chopped chocolate instead of walnuts. I also added 1/4 cup maple syrup. They are perfect for picky children!"
"I used your recipe but, I used splenda instead of sugar, they are very good... next time I will use the applesauce for the butter."
"Very good muffin recipe. I added some wheat germ. They taste wonderful."
"Great for kids as very low in sugar. I made into mini- muffins and my daughter loved them."