- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Banana Nut Muffins
Sort By :
"OK, so I made these today and was saving them for breakfast for tomorrow. But, they smelled so good we had to try one. These are sooooooooooooo good. I found they made 7 muffins not 6."
"Yummy, yummy, yummy! I was concerned since the recipe is thick, but they turned out fantastic!"
"These muffins had a fluffy cake like texture and tasted great with chopped chocolate instead of walnuts. I also added 1/4 cup maple syrup. They are perfect for picky children!"
"I used your recipe but, I used splenda instead of sugar, they are very good... next time I will use the applesauce for the butter."
"Very good muffin recipe. I added some wheat germ. They taste wonderful."