Balsamic Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 3-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, bring vinegar to a boil. Add the chicken, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; cook and stir until heated through. Divide salad greens among six plates; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2013
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2009
5 w.w. points
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2008
we LOVE this salad. we make it all the time and just can't get enough of it. this is a winning recipe among my family of picky eaters!