- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; shred beef with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return beef and cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through.
Spread mayonnaise on buns. Using tongs, place beef on buns; top with tomatoes and basil.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Balsamic Beef Hoagies
"Great sandwich and very easy to make."
"Great sandwiches that the whole family loved!!!"
"What a delicious recipe! The balsamic vinegar and garlic really makes the beef tasty. I cooked my roast in the oven for four hours at 275 degrees. I turned it over a couple times while baking. It was tender and pulled apart very easily. The sandwiches were a hit with the whole family!"
"tender roast sandwiches! my family loves bbq, so I added some bbq sauce at the end of cooking!"