Mushroom Pastrami Hoagies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced deli pastrami
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and peppers; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain vegetable mixture; stir in salt and pepper.
- Arrange buns on a baking sheet. Layer bun bottoms with pastrami and vegetable mixture; top with cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun tops are toasted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 572 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1787mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 6, 2015
Now that I am cooking for one, this recipe got my immediate attention. It was very easy to pare down to make just one hoagie.. and it is hearty enough that one will do ya. I didn't use a stock pot but a skillet, which worked fine for the smaller amount of mushroom, onions and peppers. I used a hoagie bun from the bakery, so I was able to slice my own, and decided to do a top cut, which helps to hold the ingredients in the bun. I put some deli mustard on the buns... yum.